Applying for Xiàmén City, China Program
All Loyola students are eligible to apply for the Xiàmén City, China exchange program for the fall 2020 semester if they have:
- Completed one full year of J.D. training at Loyola University New Orleans College of Law; and
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher, or are ranked within the top 50th percentile.
To apply, students must follow and complete each part of the two-step process below.
Submit your application to the International Studies Program Office, located in LS 313, or via email to LoyolaInternationalStudies@gmail.com. The application packet should include:
- A two-page written plan, which includes the student's Educational Objectives for participating in the semester exchange program with suggested methods for Loyola Faculty to evaluate the student's progression in acquiring these objectives;
- Two letters of recommendation from Loyola Faculty members;
- Updated Résumé;
- Copy of most recent transcript (From Lora);
- A two-page personal statement of why you wish to participate in this program; and
- A copy of the photo page in your current passport.
- A signed and dated copy of the application.
After careful consideration of all application materials, Loyola will nominate two students to participate in the Xiàmén, China Semester Exchange Program. Only nominated students should proceed to Step Two. Strength of the personal statement; academic record at Loyola; faculty recommendations; and other factors will determine the selection of a candidate who possesses the most likelihood of successful participation in the program. Interviews may be conducted to assist faculty in the selection process of candidate nomination.
Nominated students should proceed with applying admission to Xiàmén University online at: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/application.
- When filling out the online application, please choose EXCHANGE PROGRAM. An application form will be automatically generated upon successful online submission. Xiàmén University will not consider paper-based applications without online sign-up.
- Print your completed application after successful submission and submit it to the Loyola Director of the Xiàmén program. The Director will transmit your entire application package to Xiàmén University School of Law for admission consideration.
- APPLICATION PACKAGES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO XIÀMÉN WITHIN 15 DAYS OF ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION, SO PLEASE DO NOT DELAY IN SUBMITTING YOUR PRINTED ONLINE APPLICATION TO EITHER THE DIRECTOR OR THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS OFFICE!!
Xiàmén University will publish application results on its online application portal ONE MONTH after application package deadline. The Admission Notice and Visa Application Form JW202 will be sent directly to the Director of the Xiàmén Exchange Program. Students may find out results and detailed information regarding the delivery of their admission application package on the above linked application portal.
If you are selected for admission, you are required to complete registration with the School or College stipulated in your Admission Notice. Accepted students must strictly adhere to registration dates set by Xiàmén University and included in your Admission Notice.