Loyola University New Orleans College of Law is again offering the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program this year to provide free tax preparation assistance for people with low to moderate incomes.
The sessions, designed by the Internal Revenue Service, begin Monday, January 25, 2016 and continue through Saturday, April 9, 2016. The tax preparation sessions are Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, and Mondays and Thursdays from 5:00 - 7:00 PM.
Walk-in sessions will be held in the Loyola College of Law building, located at 526 Pine St., Room 111, New Orleans, LA.
No sessions are scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, February 4; Saturday, February 6; Monday, February 8 (due to the Mardi Gras holidays).
- Thursday March 24; Saturday, March 26; Monday, March 28 (due to the Easter holidays).
Taxpayers will need to bring the following items with them:
- Government issued IDs
- Social Security cards for every person included on the tax returns
- All tax documents, including W-2 and 1099 forms and Social Security statements
- Prior year tax returns and documents
- New this year is information regarding insurance coverage as required under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Taxpayers will also have to bring information regarding health insurance coverage for each member of their households in addition to Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.
If you need driving directions to 526 Pine St., please call 504-861-5665.
Tax assistance sessions are also being held at the Community Center of St. Bernard Parish. Please call the center at 504-281-2512 for dates and times.