U.S. Citizens / Green Card Holders
- U.S. Citizens and Green Card holders do not need a U.S. visa.
F-1 and J-1 Visas
- All other students must apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa.
- Students applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa must show sufficient funds to provide for educational, living, and personal expenses for one year before Loyola University will issue the necessary I-20 document.
- If you have questions regarding F-1 or J-1 visas, please contact Dittmar Dittrich, Assistant Director for International Student & Scholar Services, in the Center for International Education. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org; his telephone number is 504-864-7550.
- Students in the U.S. under a visa other than an F-1 or J-1 should consult an immigration attorney if they have questions about what is allowed under their visa status.