Visa Requirements for LL.M. Students

U.S. Citizens / Green Card Holders

  • U.S. Citizens and Green Card holders do not need a U.S. visa. 

F-1 and J-1 Visas

  • All other students must apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa. 
  • Students applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa must show sufficient funds to provide for educational, living, and personal expenses for one year before Loyola University will issue the necessary I-20 document. 
  • If you have questions regarding F-1 or J-1 visas, please contact Dittmar Dittrich, Assistant Director for International Student & Scholar Services, in the Center for International Education. His email is; his telephone number is 504-864-7550.

Other Visas

  • Students in the U.S. under a visa other than an F-1 or J-1 should consult an immigration attorney if they have questions about what is allowed under their visa status.