These awards are offered annually, based on funding availability.
- The American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence is given annually to one student who has excelled in bankruptcy studies.
- The American Bar Association Awards are provided by its Section of State and Local Government Law. One goes to the student who excels in the course in Land Use Law and the other to the student who excels in Municipal Law. Students receive a section publication and a certificate of recognition.
- The Black Law Students Association Award is presented to the team members representing the A.P. Tureaud Chapter in the BLSA Regional Finals of the Frederick Douglas Moot Court Competition.
- The Blue Williams Award is given annually to the most outstanding student in the Trial Advocacy Program. The award consists of a $500 cash stipend.
- The Joseph V. Bologna Prize is given annually in honor of Joseph V. Bologna by First American Title Insurance Company and the New Orleans Notaries’ Association. The award is given in recognition of the high standard of professionalism and craftsmanship exhibited by Joseph V. Bologna. There is one cash award for the highest grade in each section of Civil Law Property I and Civil Law Property II.
- The Corporate and Business Law Section of the Louisiana State Bar Association will present a cash award each year to a student who has achieved the highest grade in Business Organizations.
- The Dean’s Award is given annually to the student who has attained the highest average during his or her first year in the College of Law.
- The Faculty Award, as well as the Lexis Law Publishing Company Award, is given annually to the senior who has maintained the highest average over his or her entire course of study.
- The Frank Deutschmann Award is given annually to the law student with the highest grade in insurance law. The award consists of a $250 cash stipend.
- The Ralph H. Fishman Award is given annually by the firm of Sessions & Fishman in honor of the late Ralph H. Fishman, a senior partner in the firm and an alumnus of the College of Law. The award consists of a $150 cash stipend to the student who has earned the highest grade in the course in Sales and Leases.
- The David L. Herman Award was established by the family of the late David L. Herman to recognize his high professional standards in the law. It is awarded annually to the student who has earned the highest grade in the course in Successions.
- The International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award is an honorary scroll given to a student who demonstrates an overall ability in trial advocacy by achievement in trial practice, evidence, and pleading and procedure courses.
- The Law Clinic Award is given to the student in the Loyola Law Clinic whose participation was the most outstanding in the field of Criminal Justice. The Law Clinic also gives awards to the student who is most outstanding in civil clinical work and to the student who excels in rendering services to the Hispanic Community.
- The Law Excellence Awards are given annually to those students who achieve the highest grade in a class/seminar.
- The Law League of Louisiana Merit Award was established by the Law League of Louisiana and is given to a current senior who is graduating in May who has most improved his or her grade point average during the first five semesters of law school.
- The Louisiana State Bar Association Civil Code Award is to be given to the graduating senior with the highest average in courses based on the Louisiana Civil Code.
- The Loyola Law Alumni give an award annually to the member of the student editorial board of the Law Review who has made the most significant contribution to the Loyola Law Review in the field of research and writing during the academic year. The award is presented at the annual Law Review banquet in the spring.
- The Honorable Richard "Dick" Mills Memorial Scholarship in Mediation/Arbitration. Established by attorneys in the Longshore and DBA community in memory of the late Judge Richard Mills. The scholarship is awarded annually to the student who achieves the highest grade in the fall semester offering of the Mediation/Arbitration class.
- The Moot Court Board Awards are given to the winners in the Moot Court Class Intramurals by the Moot Court Board.
- The Warren E. Mouledoux Professional Responsibility Award is given to the students who earn the highest grades in each section of the course in Legal Profession.
- The Antonio E. Papale Award is given in memory of the late Antonio E. Papale, former dean of the law school, by the Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity to the student in the College of Law who earns the highest grade in the common law course Contracts II.
- The N. Curtiss Petitjean Memorial Award is given annually to the past year’s president of the Student Bar Association by Miss Irene M. Petitjean in memory of her brother, N. Curtiss Petitjean, a 1934 graduate of the College of Law.
- The Police Jury Association Award, established in 2004 in honor of Bill Doran, longtime general counsel for the Police Jury Association of Louisiana, is given annually to the student who has attained the highest grade in one of the following courses:
1. State and Local Government Law
2. State and Local Taxation
3. Real Estate Transactions
The award consists of a $250 cash stipend. The winning student is also invited to attend the Police Jury Association’s Annual Conference.
- The President’s Award is given annually by the president of the Student Bar Association to a law student who has given freely of his or her time and energy in assisting fellow law students.
- The Spirit of Ignatius Award Each year the Jesuit Center of Loyola University New Orleans, in conjunction with University Ministry, presents a Spirit of Ignatius Award at the Baccalaureate Mass. This award is presented to a law student who has achieved academic excellence and embodies Christian values in the Ignatian tradition, focused on the development of the whole person. In addition to receiving an award, the student’s name is inscribed on a plaque displayed on the law school campus.
- The St. Thomas More Award is given annually by The St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers’ Association to a member of the St. Thomas More Student Association who has distinguished him/herself through leadership and dedication to the principles of St. Thomas More. This award consists of a $250 monetary award and a plaque.