If you need a book, article, or other resource that is not available in our library, you can request it via interlibrary loan. This service is available to currently-enrolled students, faculty, and staff.
To use it, please create an account in our ILLiad system. With this account, you will be able to request items, view the status of your requests, and check the due date for items that you have borrowed. In addition, articles requested, once supplied, can be viewed within the ILLiad system as PDF documents that can be printed.
Ask at the circulation desk on the first floor of the library if you have any questions.
Link for ILL Ordering
Setting up an account
- Click on ‘First Time Users’ link near the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, read the Terms and Conditions and click the ‘First Time Users Click Here’ button.
- The next page will allow you to enter all the information necessary to start placing ILL requests.
- Please put your Loyola ID for ID number and the email address you will be checking for updates.
Making a new request
- The New Request menu is on the left side of the screen.
- From this menu, please select the item type that matches the requested material.
- For an article, select ‘Photocopy’.
- The center of the screen will show fields where you can input the information needed for the request.
- Please fill out as much as you can here; It will make locating your book much faster.
Viewing items & requests
- The View menu is on the left side of the screen below the New Request menu.
- Outstanding Requests lets you check the status of any requests that are still active.
- Electronically Received Articles lets you view any articles that were delivered to you electronically.
- Checked Out Items lists loans that you have already picked up from the library.
- Due Date listed is the date the item is due at the lending library, so please return an item between 4 and 7 days before it is due.
- Canceled Requests, History Requests, and All Requests all list requests by status.
- The Electronically Received Articles feature lets you view articles that you have requested by logging on to the ILLiad system.