The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students and alumni certain rights with respect to their educational records. For additional information regarding Loyola’s policy, which is in compliance with FERPA rules and regulations, please visit FERPA’s website.
What is an Educational Record?
Just about any information provided by a student to the university, for use in the educational process, is considered a student educational record: personal information, enrollment records, grades, and schedules.
- Student educational records may be:
- a document in the student record’s office
- a computer printout in your office
- a class list on your desktop
- a computer display screen
- notes you have taken during an advisement session