Scholarships are awarded to outstanding entering first-year students with superior academic records and LSAT scores. These scholarships are awarded as tuition waivers and are renewed automatically if the required grade point average is maintained.
2016-2017 recipients must comply with the following standards.
- A student retains a scholarship award by maintaining a GPA of 2.5 or above, reviewed on an annual basis.
- If a student’s GPA is below 2.5 at the end of the first academic year, excluding summer session grades, the student loses the scholarship for the second academic year.
- If a student's GPA is below a 2.5 at the end of the first academic year, the Scholarship Committee will entertain appeals based on extraordinary circumstances.
- If a student achieves a GPA of 2.5 or above at the end of the second academic year, the student regains his or her full scholarship award.
- A participant in the part-time program, day or evening, achieving a GPA of 2.5 or above after the second or third academic year may regain his or her full scholarship award.
- If a student receives approval to change divisions from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time, then the unused scholarship funds will be reallocated to the remaining academic years.
- As an institutional award, this scholarship may only be applied to law tuition. If a student chooses to study at another university for a semester or year, scholarship funds will be held and may be used in the future for law tuition only.
- The scholarship may not be used to cover MBA, MPA, MURP or any other tuition associated with a combined degree program.
- The scholarship may not be applied to summer abroad programs.
- Increases in tuition will not result in increases in scholarship.