Chip Wagar has been in engaged in a civil litigation practice for more than three decades in Louisiana, Texas and the Gulf Coast area. Today, Chip Wagar has a national, multi-state practice in products liability and medical malpractice. He has been recognized as a preeminent trial lawyer by his peers, numerous organizations and media.
- The American Board of Trial Advocates – 2014-present
- SuperLawyers – Excellence in Practice – 2011 – present
- Faces of New Orleans, Game Changing Business & Professional Leaders, 2015
- “Five Star Attorney” – LegalMatch.com
- “Top Attorneys in Louisiana” – Louisiana Life Magazine – 2012
- “Who’s Who” – Strathmore’s Registry and Global Network – 2012
- “Top Attorney” – Jefferson Life Magazine – Fall 2009
- “Enterprising Man” – Sophisticated Woman Magazine – 2009
- “New Orleans 50 Leaders in Law” – New Orleans City Business Magazine – 2006
- “Who’s Who in American Law” – Marquis “Who’s Who in American Law”
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings since 1986
He has also been a teacher of trial advocacy for young lawyers with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy and for law students including at Tulane and LSU law schools.
Chip grew up in the Adirondacks region of upstate New York in Glens Falls. He is married to Cheryl Nolan Wagar and has two adult children, Will and Sarah, who also live in the New Orleans area. He is also the award winning author of An American in Vienna, a novel published in 2011 and The Carpathian Assignment, published in 2014.
B.A. International Affairs, George Washington University, 1976; J.D. Tulane University School of Law, 1979